Warm Roast Tomatoes with Chorizo & Almonds
- 600 g Truss tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra for frying
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 150 g chorizo, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 70 g sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place tomato halves in a shallow oven dish. Drizzle over 2 Tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle the paprika. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
2. Roast tomatoes in preheated oven for 15 mins, or until tomatoes are just beginning to soften and lose their shape.
3. Meanwhile, heat the extra olive oil in a small frypan over a medium heat. Add chorizo and cook for 3-4 mins, or until they are crispy and golden. Add garlic slices and cook 1 minute further.
4. Place warm roasted tomatoes on a serving platter with a juices from the dish. Top with chorizo and garlic.