Beef Fillet with Horseradish, Lemon & Thyme Cream Sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 fillet of beef, approx 900-1kg, trimmed of fat and sinew
- 200g creme fraiche
- 3 Tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and rub into the beef. Set aside to marinade for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the extra oil and sear the beef until it is brown on all sides then transfer it to a roasting dish. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes (or 7-10 minutes per 500g). Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Combine créme fraîche, horseradish sauce, fresh thyme and lemon zest and serve with beef.