Roast Lamb with Honey, Mint & Lemon Glaze
- 1-2 butterflied lamb shoulder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp quince or apricot paste
1. Pierce the meat all over with a sharp knife. Combine the olive oil, 2 tbsp mint, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.
2. To prepare the glaze, combine the honey, remaining 2 tbsp mint, lemon juice and quince or apricot paste in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
4. Place the lamb in an oven dish lined with baking paper, cover tightly with foil and roast for 1 hour. Remove the foil then continue to roast for a further 20 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking. Baste frequently.
5. Brush half of the glaze over the lamb and cook for a further 10 minutes. Baste frequently.
6. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving. Spoon the extra glaze over the sliced lamb.
Courtesy of Food Magazine.