Chicken with Quinoa and Macadamia Salad
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g chicken breasts
- 50 g rocket
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, sliced
- ½ red onion, peeled and fi nely sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to season
- sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
1. Rinse the quinoa in warm water for 5 minutes then drain and place in the saucepan with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the grain is softened to your liking then set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan, add the chicken and cook until nice and golden on both sides and cooked through. Set aside to rest.
3. Place the quinoa, rocket, parsley, coriander, mint, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and macadamias into a bowl and gently combine.
4. In another bowl, combine the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to the salad and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
5. Slice the chicken evenly across the grain into large slices.
6. Serve the salad in a large pile in the centre of the plate, topped with the chicken slices and garnish with sesame seeds and lemon wedges if using.