BBQ/Grilled Chicken with Chorizo and Potato Salad
- 4 Agria potatoes
- 1 cup Select frozen broad beans, podded
- 4-6 Macro chicken thighs
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- a drizzle of oil
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 red onion sliced
- 200 g chorizo sliced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup parsley coarsely chopped
1. Heat a pot of water on high, when boiling add the potatoes and cook until just soft. Drain reserving the water for the broad beans and set aside. Return the water to the stove and blanch the broad beans. Remove from pod. Set aside.
2. Place your chicken into a shallow dish and gently massage the salt, pepper, oil and 1 Tbsp parsley into it. Leave for a couple of minutes while your griddle pan heats up. When almost smoking, add chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Squeeze over the lemon and rest.
3. Meanwhile, heat a pan on high and add a little oil. Throw in the sliced onion and cook until softened. Add the chorizo, combining together. Cook for at least 3 minutes - You should see the oil coming from the chorizo, then add the potatoes, beans and combine. Toss in the tomatoes and vinegar. When the tomatoes are just beginning to break up, add 1/2 cup parsley and spinach. Cook until just wilted. Season and serve topped with the chicken.