Salmon Risotto with Lemon & Green Beans
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups Select vegetable stock or water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- 210 g Select pink or red salmon, drained, flaked
- 200 g Green Beans
- Shaved Parmesan to garnish
1. Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum and celery and cook until soft. Stir in the uncooked rice and be sure to coat all the grains with butter. Cook briefly, stirring constantly.
2. Add the stock and lemon juice to the rice. Season with salt and pepper then simmer, stirring frequently for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, trim the top and bottom of the beans, cut diagonally in half. Blanch and then set aside.
4. Once rice is cooked and liquid has been absorbed, turn off the heat. Stir through the lemon zest, salmon, and beans. Serve with shaved parmesan.
• Energy 3639Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 30g • Saturated Fat 16g • Carbohydrates 109g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 309mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.