Onecard Terms and Conditions
New Onecard Visa Terms and Conditions clauses 75-77
- Welcome to the Onecard Loyalty Programme - you are now on track to earn Reward Currencies, benefit from exclusive Onecard Club Prices and have the opportunity to enter competitions only open to Onecard members. Best of all, it's free!
- These are the Terms which govern the Programme. By picking up a New Onecard, or applying for and/or registering a Onecard Charge Card or Onecard Cheque ID, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please note that if you have an Old Onecard, then your continued use of that Onecard (beyond the next reward cycle after 9 October 2016) is your agreement to these Terms.
- Your new Onecard doubles as your AA Smartfuel card. If you have a New Onecard, then depending on what you choose, you can now earn Onecard Points or AA Smartfuel Discounts (Reward Currencies) when you shop at Countdown. More information on how to earn different Reward Currencies is set out below. Please note, if you have an Old Onecard, you can only earn Onecard Points and not other Reward Currencies.
- In these terms and conditions:
- "AA Smartfuel" means AA Smartfuel Limited;
- "AA Smartfuel Redemption Party" means a participating AA Smartfuel affiliated fuel retailer which redeems AA Smartfuel Discounts;
- "AA Smartfuel Discount" means the form of Reward Currency available to be earned (including at Countdown), and which can be redeemed at an AA Smartfuel Redemption Party when purchasing Fuel (subject to satisfying these Terms and the AA Smartfuel terms available at the following link);
- "Countdown" means all Countdown branded stores including Countdown Online;
- "Countdown Online" means the Countdown branded online store available at the Website;
- "Old Onecard" means any "Countdown Onecard" issued before 9 October 2016 and which does not have co-branding on it;
- "Fuel" means any petroleum product (including motor spirit, diesel, biofuel and biofuel blends, but excluding bottled LPG) available for sale at a participating AA Smartfuel Redemption Party. The products for which AA Smartfuel Discounts can be earned and/or redeemed may or may not include automotive LPG at the election of the relevant participating AA Smartfuel Redemption Party. For further information, please see the AA Smartfuel terms by clicking here;
- "Household" means the Onecard Points' or AA Smartfuel discounts earning structure that is created when multiple Onecard holders who live at the same address, and have a Onecard registered in accordance with these terms, link their Onecards;
- "New Onecard" means any co-branded (Countdown / AA Smartfuel) "Onecard" issued on or after 9 October 2016;
- "Onecard" means the New Onecard and Old Onecard together.
- "Onecard Club Prices" means special prices on certain products at Countdown which are only available to Onecard holders;
- "Onecard Points" means the form of Reward Currency, available to be earned when purchasing goods and services from Countdown (note, services can only be purchased in physical Countdown stores and not on Countdown Online), and which result in the issue of Onecard Rewards Vouchers (subject to meeting the applicable requirements in these Terms);
- "Programme" means the Onecard Loyalty Programme which allows you to earn Reward Currencies and benefit from exclusive Onecard Club Prices;
- "Reward Currency" means Onecard Points and AA Smartfuel Discounts together. "Reward Currencies" has an equivalent meaning;
- "Specialist Onecard" means the following types of cards: Onecard Visa, Onecard Cheque ID, Onecard Business Cheque ID and Onecard Charge Card;
- "Onecard Rewards Voucher" means the voucher which is issued as a result of accumulating Onecard Points in accordance with these Terms, and which can be used towards the purchase of products at Countdown (see paragraph 40 for more information on use of your Onecard Rewards Voucher at Countdown Online);
- "Terms" means these terms and conditions, and any other terms and conditions which we, or AA Smartfuel issue from time to time (including in relation to any bonus Reward Currencies promotions);
- "we", "us", "our" means Progressive Enterprises Limited;
- "Website" means www.countdown.co.nz;
- "you", "your" means any individual or company (where applicable) who has a Onecard and/or uses a Onecard.
Onecard Loyalty Programme
- You must be a New Zealand resident to be eligible to hold and use a Onecard. Non-residents (ie tourists) can apply for and use a limited functionality New Onecard in accordance with these Terms as set out below.
- You must use your legal name on all Onecard and Specialist Onecard registration and application forms.
- Except as otherwise provided for in these Terms, you must be an individual to hold and use a Onecard. For the avoidance of doubt, where you are purchasing goods and services from Countdown in trade (note, services can only be purchased in physical Countdown stores and not on Countdown Online), you may earn Onecard Points on those purchases. However, you are not eligible to earn any additional or bonus Onecard Points made available as part of any bonus Reward Currencies promotion.
- You must keep your contact details up to date. Failure to keep these details up to date could result in a reward being undeliverable, you missing out on a prize or mean that you are unable to receive important information from us. You can manage your account and keep your details up to date on the Website, or by calling us on 0800 40 40 40.
- We reserve the right, at any time without notice, to:
- decline to issue you with a Specialist Onecard (Cheque ID and Onecard Charge Card) if you do not meet our criteria (advised at the time of application) for example, if you do not have a trading history with us (based on data as to the historical use of your Onecard at Countdown);
- on reasonable grounds, withdraw or cancel your Onecard, Specialist Onecard and/or Reward Currencies. Reasonable grounds include (without limitation):
- any use or attempted use by you of a Onecard or Reward Currencies in a manner which is contrary to these Terms; or
- our reasonable suspicion that you have been dishonest in connection with the Programme including if it is suspected that your Reward Currency have been earned through suspicious or unlawful practices.
- If we decline to issue, withdraw or cancel your Onecard or Specialist Onecard in the above circumstances, you will forfeit any Reward Currencies you have accumulated (including any spend allocated to a New Onecard in the event it is unregistered) and you will no longer be eligible to earn or to redeem any Reward Currencies or Onecard Rewards Vouchers.
- We reserve the right to terminate the Programme for any reason. Where we decide to terminate the Programme, we will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of termination and let you know how this will affect you.
- For special Onecard promotions, other terms and conditions (in addition to these Terms) may apply and we will tell you about those at the time.
- If your Onecard has been lost or stolen (and you have registered it) you can replace it by picking up a New Onecard in-store and adding the New Onecard to your Onecard account. Please note, if you lose your unregistered New Onecard, or if it is stolen, we will be unable to give you the benefit of any spend recorded and allocated to that card.
Registering Your Onecard
- The New Onecard will provide you with a choice of Reward Currency. In order to obtain the full benefits of your New Onecard, including utilising Onecard Points and, where applicable, redeeming other Reward Currencies, you must first register your New Onecard or add it to your Old Onecard account at the following link. Alternatively, please call us on 0800 40 40 40.
- It is your responsibility to register your New Onecard in your own name, or add it to your Old Onecard account. We will not be liable for any loss suffered by your failure to do so, including if any third party registers it in their name (through no fault of ours) after you have used that Onecard and recorded spend against it which is capable of being converted to a Rewards Currency upon registration.
- If you have an Old Onecard and have registered it online, you can add a New Onecard to your Old Onecard account. This will ensure all your information, including your previous Onecard shopping history and any accumulated Onecard Points, become associated with your New Onecard.
- Please note:
- Where you have not used your New Onecard to earn Reward Currencies prior to registering it or adding it to your Old Onecard account, your Old Onecard will automatically be cancelled upon the first use of your New Onecard. This will mean that you will no longer be able to use your Old Onecard at Countdown. Any Onecard Points accumulated on your Old Onecard prior to use of your New Onecard will (to the extent they have not expired) remain on your Onecard account available for use.
- Where you have used your New Onecard when purchasing products at Countdown prior to registering it or adding it to your Old Onecard account, your Old Onecard will automatically be cancelled upon registration of your New Onecard or addition of your New Onecard to your Old Onecard account. This will mean that you will no longer be able to use your Old Onecard at Countdown. Any Onecard Points accumulated on your Old Onecard prior to registration of your New Onecard, or addition of your New Onecard to your Old Onecard account, will (to the extent they have not expired) remain on your Onecard account available for use. Where you use a New Onecard in this way (prior to registration or addition), we will capture the sales information for any transaction(s) and only award the chosen Reward Currency when your New Onecard is registered or added to your Old Onecard account.
Selecting and Changing Your Reward Currency
- To finalise the registration process you must select one of the following Reward Currencies:
- Onecard Points (food); or
- AA Smartfuel Discounts (Fuel).
- You may change your Reward Currency at any time. When you change your Reward Currency, any unredeemed Reward Currency values will be held in your account until the next applicable Reward Currency cut off date (please note, if your chosen Reward Currency will expire before the next applicable Reward Currency cut off date, these will also be removed from your account at this time). Any accumulated Reward Currency will not be converted to the new Reward Currency you select. If you change your Reward Currency at a time when you do not have enough of that Reward Currency accumulated to redeem the applicable reward, these will expire at the relevant expiry date. Please note, the Reward Currency that you change to will only apply to purchases made after the change has taken effect, as notified to you by email.
- To change your Reward Currency please go online and access your account through our Website by clicking here. Alternatively, download and use the free AA Smartfuel App (for iOS or Android) or call us on 0800 40 40 40. Requests to change Reward Currency are normally processed within five (5) minutes. However, in exceptional circumstances it may take up to 24 hours to confirm a change of Reward Currency request. All changes to Reward Currency will be confirmed by email and sent to the email address you have provided us.
Using Your Onecard
- You can use your Onecard to earn Reward Currencies (subject to these Terms) at Countdown. We may introduce and / or remove further Reward Currency issuing partners into/from the Programme at any time. Where this occurs, we will endeavour to give you reasonable notice and let you know how this will affect you, if at all.
- Your Onecard, including any Reward Currencies, Onecard Rewards Vouchers or AA Smartfuel Discounts, cannot be transferred, assigned or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these Terms. Please also note:
- Old Onecards can only be used by the person whose name is printed on the Onecard.
- New Onecards can only be used by the person who is the registered holder of that New Onecard (it is your responsibility to ensure that no one else uses your New Onecard, including prior to registering it).
- Where a transaction is cancelled or where a refund occurs, any corresponding value of Reward Currency may be deducted from your Reward Currency balance if it has been credited to your account.
- Reward Currencies will not be earned on any portion of a transaction which is "cash out".
- The expiry period of a chosen Reward Currency is normally calculated from the date of spend. However, in some circumstances, this may be calculated from a different time. For example:
- where you have chosen to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts, there may be a lag in your Reward Currency being added to your Onecard Account the first time you register or add your new Onecard. The expiry of your AA Smartfuel Discounts will be calculated from the date your AA Smartfuel Discount is allocated to your Onecard Account; or
- where you buy goods from Countdown Online, the expiry period of your chosen Reward Currency will be calculated from the invoice date of the goods.
- The date the Reward Currency is added to your Onecard Account is the date the Reward Currency is "earned". Please see below for further information in relation to expiry periods.
- We may change these Terms in relation to Reward Currencies and how they can be redeemed. We will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of any such changes prior to them taking place and let you know how this will affect you, if at all.
- You can create a Household by linking your Onecard with other members of your household who live at the same address and have a registered Onecard in accordance with these Terms.
- When multiple Onecards are linked as a Household, the individual applying to set up the Household will be nominated as the "primary cardholder" unless stated otherwise. All other Onecard holders who make up the Household will be the "linked cardholder(s)". To set up a Household please call 0800 40 40 40.
- Where you have chosen to earn Onecard Points and are linked as a member of a Household, Onecard Points earned by each member of your Household will be added together and will be allocated to the primary cardholder's account (however, each linked cardholder will be able to view the Onecard Points balance for the entire Household by accessing their account through our Website).
- Where you have chosen to earn AA Smartfuel discounts, and are linked as a member of a Household, the dollars spent in Countdown towards AA Smartfuel Discounts will be added together with any other members of the Household who have also chosen to earn AA Smartfuel discounts. To gain the most benefit from your AA Smartfuel discounts you should also create a “Group” (under the AA Smartfuel terms and conditions) via the AA Smartfuel website and link the AA Smartfuel component of your New Onecard with other New Onecard holders who also choose to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts. To do this, please visit AA Smartfuel. Please visit AA Smartfuel for more information on how to be removed from a Group. When you earn AA Smartfuel discounts as part of a Household, the AA Smartfuel discount will be awarded to the Onecard holder whose transaction crossed the applicable spend threshold.
- Please note, if you are a linked member of a Household and choose to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts, you will still be considered a member of the Household for the purposes of redeeming any Onecard Rewards Vouchers issued to the Household, unless you are removed from the Household (this includes for any Onecard Rewards Vouchers issued to the Household after you have changed your Reward Currency). To remove someone from a Household, please call 0800 40 40 40.
- Onecard Rewards Vouchers are issued to the Household (based on the primary and linked cardholder(s) who form the Household at the time) and can be used by the top four Onecard Points earners (listed on the Onecard Rewards Voucher). As such, if a primary cardholder or linked cardholder is removed from the Household (in accordance with the above) after a Onecard Rewards Voucher has been issued, that Onecard Rewards Voucher will remain in place as issued and will be able to be used by anyone who is named on the Onecard Rewards Voucher. Note, in the case of AA Smartfuel Discounts, please see this link for more information on earning and redeeming AA Smartfuel Discounts as these are earned on a "Group" basis and awarded to the nominated primary AA Smartfuel Card holder where applicable.
- You can use your Onecard to earn a Reward Currency (subject to these Terms). Please note, if your New Onecard has not been registered or added to an Old Onecard account we are unable to award any Reward Currency until it has been registered and a Reward Currency chosen. Redemption of any Reward Currency cannot take place until you have registered your New Onecard or added it to an Old Onecard account (as set out above).
Earning Onecard Points at Countdown
- You must spend a minimum of $10 (including GST) in a single transaction to qualify for Onecard Points. Once the minimum spend amount has been satisfied, you will then be awarded one (1) Onecard Point for every whole $10 (including GST) spent in that transaction. In calculating the spend amount, some products are required by law to be excluded, e.g. tobacco products. We will exclude such products from the calculation of the spend amount where we are required to do so by law.
- Onecard Points may, from time to time, also be earned through bonus Reward Currency promotions. Additional terms and conditions (in addition to these Terms) may apply to such bonus Reward Currency promotions. We will tell you about these at the time.
- We reserve the right to change the required minimum spend and/or the number of Onecard Points awarded in respect of the minimum spend amount. In the event of this taking place we will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of any such change and either allocate any accrued points towards a Onecard Rewards Voucher, or give you the benefit of such points where this is not possible.
- It is your responsibility to present and use your Onecard to gain the benefits associated with the Programme.
Redeeming Onecard Points - Onecard Rewards Vouchers
- For every 200 Onecard Points you have earned at the applicable Onecard rewards cut-off date, you will receive a Onecard Rewards Voucher to the value of $15 which you can redeem at Countdown.
- The Onecard rewards cut-off dates are midnight (2400 hours) on the first Sunday of every February, May, August and November. Any Onecard Points remaining in your account after the relevant Onecard rewards cut-off date will be carried forward to the next Onecard rewards cut-off date, provided that those remaining Onecard Points have not expired (see below “Expiry of Onecard Points”).
- Once Onecard Points have been converted into Onecard Rewards Vouchers, those Onecard Points cannot be reissued including if your Onecard or Onecard Rewards Voucher has been lost or stolen.
- Onecard Points will not be converted to Onecard Rewards Vouchers, including but not limited to, if:
- you owe us money;
- we know that we do not have your correct address; or
- any of the grounds at 6(b) above exist.
- When using your Onecard Rewards Vouchers please note:
- any tampering or defacing of Onecard Rewards Vouchers will render them invalid;
- Onecard Rewards Vouchers can be redeemed only once to purchase goods and services to the value of the amount shown on the face of the Onecard Rewards Voucher (note, services can only be purchased in physical Countdown stores and not on Countdown Online);
- you must present your Onecard at the checkout when redeeming your Onecard Rewards Voucher(s). You can redeem your vouchers at Countdown Online by sending them to us at the following address where the value will be credited to your Countdown Online shopping account:
ONLINE SHOPPING CUSTOMER CARE
Private Bag 93306
- Onecard Rewards Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. You must redeem your Onecard Rewards Voucher before the expiry date which is clearly printed on the voucher;
- Onecard Rewards Vouchers are non-transferable;
- Onecard Rewards Vouchers are not exchangeable, including for cash, Countdown gift vouchers, Countdown Christmas Club vouchers or Lotto products. We may also place restrictions on the use of Onecard Rewards Vouchers to purchase certain products where the purchase of those products using a Onecard Rewards Voucher would cause a breach of law. Any such excluded products will be detailed on the Onecard Rewards Vouchers, from time to time;
- change of up to, but not exceeding, $1 will be given on purchases of goods and services paid for with Onecard Rewards Vouchers.
- We reserve the right to change the redemption amount, the dates from which Onecard Points can be redeemed and/or the Onecard rewards cut-off dates (by which Onecard Points must be used). We will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of any such change and let you know how this will affect you, if at all. Expiry of Onecard Points
Expiry of Onecard Points
- Onecard Points expire six (6) months after the date they are "earned", if they have not been converted into a Onecard Rewards Voucher. As noted above, the date your chosen Reward Currency is "earned" will normally be the date of the relevant purchase. However:
- where you have chosen to earn AA Smartfuel discounts, there may be a lag in your Reward Currency being added to your Onecard Account the first time you register or add your new Onecard. The date you have "earned" your AA Smartfuel Discounts in this circumstance will be the date the AA Smartfuel discount is allocated to your Onecard Account; and
- where you buy goods from Countdown Online, the date you have "earned" your chosen Reward Currency will be the invoice date of the goods.
- Expired Onecard Points are removed from your account when they become six months old.
- Where a Onecard member has died, their Onecard Points can be transferred to the Onecard account of a living family member subject to proof of entitlement and at our discretion in every circumstance. Where a transfer of Onecard Points has occurred in accordance with this paragraph, our decision will be final and you agree not to dispute any such decision.
AA Smartfuel Discounts
Earning AA Smartfuel Discounts at Countdown
- In order to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts on your spend at Countdown, you must meet the weekly spend amounts (set out below) to earn the corresponding AA Smartfuel Discount (note, a "week" is the period from 00:01 on a Monday to 23:59 the following Sunday). Please note, where you buy goods from Countdown Online, your spend will be allocated to your Onecard account in the week in which your goods are invoiced ie the week of the invoice date for your goods.
- The weekly spend amounts are as follows:
- Spend $100 (including GST) on qualifying goods and services in a week to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts of 3 cents per litre off the pump price of Fuel at an AA Smartfuel Redemption Party (up to a maximum of 50 litres per fill).
- Spend $200 (including GST) on qualifying goods and services in a week to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts of 6 cents per litre off the pump price of Fuel at an AA Smartfuel Redemption Party (up to a maximum of 50 litres per fill).
- The weekly spend amount can be spread across multiple transactions so long as the weekly spend limit is reached in any given week. No further AA Smartfuel Discounts will be awarded for any spend at Countdown over and above $200 (including GST) per week on qualifying goods and services (note, services can only be purchased in physical Countdown stores and not on Countdown Online).
- The maximum AA Smartfuel Discount (in cents per litre) that may be earned by you at Countdown in a one week period is 6 cents per litre off the pump price for Fuel at an AA Smartfuel Redemption Party. Note, AA Smartfuel Discounts earned in any given week can be added with AA Smartfuel Discounts earned in other weeks (and with AA Smartfuel Discounts earned on purchases other than from Countdown). However, when you use your AA Smartfuel Discounts to pay for Fuel, you must use all AA Smartfuel Discounts which have been earned up to that point in time.
- Where you have a New Onecard and have added multiple New Onecards to your account, the dollars spent in Countdown towards AA Smartfuel Discounts will be added together for each New Onecard in your account. However, the AA Smartfuel Discount will be awarded to (and redeemable by) the New Onecard that performs the transaction that reaches the earning threshold.
- In calculating the spend amount, some products are required by law to be excluded, e.g. tobacco products. We will exclude such products from the calculation of the spend amount where we are required to do so by law.
- Bonus AA Smartfuel Discounts may from time to time also be earned through bonus Rewards Currencies promotions. Additional terms and conditions (in addition to these Terms) may apply to any such promotion and will be made available at the time.
Redeeming AA Smartfuel Discounts
- In order to redeem your AA Smartfuel Discounts, you must first register your New Onecard (as set out above).
- The redemption of AA Smartfuel Discounts is governed by the terms and conditions of the AA Smartfuel programme which can be found at the following link.
Expiry of AA Smartfuel Discounts
- The expiry of AA Smartfuel Discounts is governed by the terms and conditions of the AA Smartfuel programme which can be found at the following link.
Onecard Club Prices
- If you are a Onecard customer, you may be eligible to receive Onecard Club Prices when you use your Onecard at Countdown.
- In order to be eligible to purchase certain goods and services at Onecard Club Prices, you must present or swipe your Onecard at the supermarket checkout or, when shopping at Countdown Online, by entering your Onecard number at the Countdown Online checkout (note, services can only be purchased in physical Countdown stores and not on Countdown Online).
- The number and variety of Onecard Club Prices may vary based on the product range and availability of stock in each store.
- If you have an existing Specialist Onecard, registration and use of a New Onecard will not affect use of your Specialist Onecard or the ability to earn any Reward Currency on them or utilise Onecard Club Prices (whichever applies). Please note, if you have a Specialist Onecard as well as a New Onecard, you will only be able to earn Rewards Currencies on one of your cards per transaction (ie you cannot earn Reward Currencies on both cards for the same transaction). If you have elected to earn alternative Reward Currencies (ie AA Smartfuel Discounts) then you must use your New Onecard when redeeming your alternative Reward Currency.
Onecard Charge Cards
- If you are a Onecard Charge Card account holder, you can take advantage of Onecard Club Prices but are not eligible to earn any Rewards Currencies or bonus points.
- Onecard Charge Cards are administered by the Transaction Processing Centre operated by Woolworths Australia Pty Ltd and are subject to the terms and conditions included in that application process.
Tourist New Onecards
- If you are a non-resident tourist, you can apply for a New Onecard with functionality limited to earning only AA Smartfuel Discounts (including when you shop at Countdown).
- To be able to redeem any accumulated AA Smartfuel Discounts, you must register your New Onecard with AA Smartfuel directly by calling 0800 842 877.
Store Onecards (Store Cards)
- In exceptional circumstances and solely at a store manager’s discretion, a store Onecard (ie a Onecard assigned to the particular supermarket you are shopping at) may be used to provide you with Onecard Club Prices. However, use of a store Onecard will not allow you to earn any Reward Currencies.
Onecard Cheque ID
- To be eligible for a Onecard Cheque ID card you must have at least three months trading history with Countdown using another payment method (based on data as to the historical use of your Onecard at Countdown).
- You must have a Onecard Cheque ID if you wish to pay by cheque in Countdown (not available at Countdown Online). No other form of identification is accepted. Onecard Cheque ID cards are approved and issued at our discretion.
- To receive a Onecard Cheque ID you must present a completed application form (available by asking at the Customer Service Desk) to the store manager along with your cheque book and one of the following forms of personal identification:
- photo driver's licence;
- Hospitality 18+ (HANZ) card;
- passport; or
- birth certificate.
- You must show your Onecard Cheque ID every time you wish to pay by cheque. Only the named cardholder can use the Onecard Cheque ID when presenting cheques.
- If you hold a Onecard Cheque ID you can elect to earn different Reward Currencies in accordance with these Terms. However, to take advantage of these different options, you must acquire a New Onecard and link it to your Old Onecard account via our Website at the following link and continue to use your existing Onecard Cheque ID. This will enable your existing Onecard Cheque ID to earn the desired currency.
- If you have a Onecard Cheque ID and have chosen to earn AA Smartfuel Discounts at Countdown, you will need to use your New Onecard to redeem your AA Smartfuel Discounts at participating Fuel retailers.
- A fee of $0.25c will apply to each cheque presented.
- Payments by cheque are subject to the following conditions:
- Payment by cheque obliges you to pay us immediately for any goods or services acquired.
- Should your cheque be dishonoured you will immediately pay us for any outstanding amount relating to the goods or services you have acquired. You will also be liable for a late payment fee of $20, interest at 2.5% per month and debt collection agency costs.
- After two cheques have been dishonoured, you acknowledge that we have the right to cancel your Onecard Cheque ID and Onecard Account, and to not accept cheques from you.
Business Cheque ID Onecards
- By signing a Business Cheque ID Onecard, you acknowledge that you take responsibility for its use (unless the card has been reported lost or stolen to our Customer Care team prior to being presented).
- Anyone can present a cheque using a Business Cheque ID Onecard, provided that the name on the cheque matches the name on the front of the Business Cheque ID Onecard.
- In all other respects, Business Cheque ID Onecards are subject to the terms noted at paragraphs 67 to 71 above in relation to Onecard Cheque IDs.
- If you hold a Onecard Visa, we will automatically register you as a Onecard holder. As well as being eligible to earn the benefits of a Onecard as set out in the Terms, you will also be eligible to earn additional Onecard Points as specified in the Onecard Visa rewards terms and conditions.
- We will also send you a New Onecard, which we will pre-register with fuel as the Reward Currency. This will enable you to earn AA Smartfuel discounts, in addition to Onecard Points when you pay at Countdown using your Onecard Visa. If you do not pay with your Onecard Visa you will only earn the Reward Currency you are set up for. You will need to use the New Onecard to redeem your AA Smartfuel discounts at an AA Smartfuel Redemption Party. Note that you will not be able to use your Onecard Visa to redeem AA Smartfuel discounts.
- In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between Section Two of the Onecard Visa rewards terms and conditions and these Terms, these Terms will prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
Other Important Terms
How to cancel your Onecard
- You may cancel your Onecard membership at any time by calling us on 0800 40 40 40. Please note, if you cancel your New Onecard membership this will not cancel your membership to the AA Smartfuel programme (where applicable). Your continued use of your New Onecard will be subject to the terms and conditions under that programme (as noted above).
- Please note, where you advise us that you no longer wish to be contacted by us, your Onecard membership will be cancelled. You accept that in the event this occurs, you will forfeit any Onecard Points that you have accumulated (though you may still redeem any Onecard Rewards Vouchers that have already been issued to you).
- Certain legislation including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 may imply warranties or conditions or impose other obligations including statutory consumer guarantees which cannot by law be excluded, restricted or modified. To the extent permitted by law (and without limiting any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993), we will not be liable to you in connection with:
- your use or attempted use of a Onecard in breach of these Terms;
- any delay in replacing a Onecard;
- any loss, theft or damage to any Onecard Rewards Voucher(s), including in the course of post or delivery - they cannot be reissued or replaced;
- any loss or damage you suffer as a result of any suspension and/or termination of your Onecard membership, or the Onecard programme, in accordance with these Terms;
- any tax you are required to pay as a result of, or related to, your use of your Onecard.
Terms subject to change
- These Terms are current as at 2 October 2017. We reserve the right to change these Terms at our discretion. We will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of any changes via our Website, by email and/or by other communication methods we adopt from time to time. You may cancel your Onecard membership within the period of that notice or at any other time by contacting us on 0800 40 40 40 or in writing at Countdown Customer Care, Private Bag 93306, Otahuhu, Auckland 1640. Where you cancel your Onecard membership in these circumstances you may still redeem any Onecard Rewards Vouchers that have already been issued to you. Where we change these Terms, an updated copy of them will be available on our Website or you may request a copy by telephoning our Customer Care team on 0800 40 40 40.