01/09 Media statement on Countdown locations of interest
Please attribute to Kiri Hannifin, Countdown's General Manager Corporate Affairs, Safety and Sustainability:
As we’ve done with all of our stores that have been locations of interest, we’re following our usual health and safety procedures, including deep cleaning any stores that require it. This is in addition to the thorough cleaning that is undertaken during each day, which has been further increased since the Alert Level 4 restrictions have been in place.
The Countdown Ponsonby and Countdown Warkworth visits were the only ones we were unaware of prior to this afternoon’s list being released. All the other impacted stores have already been deep cleaned since these visits. Our Warkworth store is currently closed for cleaning and we hope to reopen the store later this evening. We will be closing Ponsonby shortly to carry out a deep clean there as well.
We’ll also continue to work closely with the relevant health authorities and follow their guidance on which of our team, if any, are required to isolate and get tested.
Countdown locations of interest as of 4:30pm 1 September:
The most recently notified visits are in bold
- Countdown Birkenhead - visited on Friday, 13 August 6:00pm - 6:30pm and visited three times on Monday, 16 August, 7.00am - 7.15am, 8:10am - 8:20am and 12.30pm - 12.45pm.
- Countdown Botany Downs - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 10.20am - 10.30am
- Countdown Glenfield Mall - visited on Saturday, 14 August at 5pm - 5.15pm and Sunday, 15 August 2021
- Countdown Greenlane - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 8:27pm - 8:50 pm and Saturday 21 August at 12:30pm - 1:15pm
- Countdown Grey Lynn - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 6.52 pm - 7.15 and Wednesday 18 August, 4.45 pm - 5.30 pm
- Countdown Johnsonville - visited on Wednesday, 18 August 4.30pm - 5.00pm
- Countdown Lincoln Road - visited on Wednesday, 11 August 2.56pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Lynfield - visited on Wednesday, 4 August 2.45pm - 3.05pm and Sunday, 15 August at 8pm - 8.15pm
- Countdown Mangere East - visited on Friday, 20 August, 10.50 am - 10.55am, Saturday 21 August 12:00pm - 12:10pm, and Sunday 29 August 1pm - 1.45pm
- Countdown Mangere Mall - visited twice on Tuesday, 17 August, 12:30 pm - 1:00pm and 5:15 pm - 5:19pm and Friday, 20 August, 8:00pm - 8:45pm
- Countdown Manukau - visited on Thursday, 19 August 4.53 pm - 5.30pm
- Countdown Manurewa - visited on Monday, 16 August 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Countdown Mt Roskill - visited on Saturday, 28 August 5.15pm - 5.45pm
- Countdown Newtown - visited on Friday, 20 August 8.05am - 9.45am
- Countdown Northwest Massey - visited on Wednesday 18 August 3:30pm - 4:30pm and Saturday, 23 August 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Countdown Pakuranga - visited on Friday, 20 August 12.36pm-1.15pm
- Countdown Papatoetoe - visited on Thursday, 26 August 12pm-1pm
- Countdown Ponsonby - visited on Sunday, 22 August 12.42pm-1.42pm and Thursday, 26 August 12.57pm-1.57pm
- Countdown Takapuna - visited on Sunday, 15 August 3.20pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Takanini - visited Thursday, 19 August 7am - 7:10am and Monday, 16 August 10:00am - 10:10am
- Countdown Three Kings - visited Tuesday 24 August 5:26pm - 5:45pm
- Countdown Victoria Street West - visited on Sunday, 15 August 2.30pm - 3.15pm and Tuesday, 17 August 3.47pm - 5.05pm
- Countdown Warkworth - visited Thursday, 26 August 6.33pm - 7.17pm
- Countdown Westgate Massey - visited Monday, 16 August 5pm - 6pm; Thursday 19 August, 6am-2.30pm and Saturday 21 August 6am -11.30am