26/08 Media statement on Countdown's current status re: COVID-19 Alert Level 4
Please attribute to Kiri Hannifin, Countdown’s General Manager Corporate Affairs, Safety and Sustainability.
Today we have over 2100 of our team members isolating across New Zealand. There are several reasons for this, including they don’t have childcare available or are vulnerable to COVID-19. In Auckland and Wellington, team are isolating due to their store being a location of interest or due to the fact they have a household member who has been impacted by a location of interest.
Nineteen of our stores (see list below) have been visited by someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and we have eight stores temporarily closed due to low team numbers and ensuring we have team members across as many other stores as we can. These stores are: Currently our Albert Street Metro, Birkenhead, Halsey Street Metro, Hauraki Corner, Mangere Mall, Westgate and Takanini.
In the last week since lockdown started we have brought 270 new permanent and nearly 450 temporary team members on board to help relieve the pressure on our stores and online network.
Countdown locations of interest as of 10am 26 August:
- Countdown Birkenhead - visited on Friday, 13 August 6:00pm - 6:30pm and visited three times on Monday, 16 August, 7.00am - 7.15am, 8:10am - 8:20am and 12.30pm - 12.45pm.
- Countdown Botany Downs - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 10.20am - 10.30am
- Countdown Glenfield Mall - visited on Saturday, 14 August at 5pm - 5.15pm and Sunday, 15 August 2021
- Countdown Greenlane - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 8:27pm - 8:50 pm and Saturday 21 August at 12:30pm - 1:15pm
- Countdown Grey Lynn - visited on Tuesday, 17 August 6.52 pm - 7.15 and Wednesday 18 August, 4.45 pm - 5.30 pm
- Countdown Johnsonville - visited on Wednesday, 18 August 4.30pm - 5.00pm
- Countdown Lincoln Road - visited on Wednesday, 11 August 2.56pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Lynfield - visited on Wednesday, 4 August 2.45pm - 3.05pm and Sunday, 15 August at 8pm - 8.15pm
- Countdown Mangere East - visited on Friday, 20 August, 10.50 am - 10.55am and Saturday 21 August 12:00pm - 12:10pm
- Countdown Mangere Mall - visited twice on Tuesday, 17 August, 12:30 pm - 1:00pm and 5:15 pm - 5:19pm and Friday, 20 August, 8:00pm - 8:45pm
- Countdown Manukau - visited on Thursday, 19 August 4.53 pm - 5.30pm
- Countdown Manurewa - visited on Monday, 16 August 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Countdown Newtown - visited on Friday, 20 August 8.05am - 9.45am
- Countdown Northwest Massey - visited on Wednesday 18 August 3:30pm - 4:30pm and Saturday, 23 August 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Countdown Pakuranga - visited on Friday, 20 August 12.36pm-1.15pm
- Countdown Takapuna - visited on Sunday, 15 August 3.20pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Takanini - visited Thursday, 19 August 7am - 7:10am and Monday, 16 August 10:00am - 10:10am
- Countdown Victoria Street West - visited on Sunday, 15 August 2.30pm - 3.15pm and Tuesday, 17 August 3.47pm - 5.05pm
- Countdown Westgate Massey - visited Monday, 16 August 5pm - 6pm; Thursday 19 August, 6am-2.30pm and Saturday 21 August 6am -11.30am
As a precaution, deep cleans have been undertaken in each of these stores in addition to the thorough cleaning that is undertaken during each day, which has been further increased following the recent alert level change. Any team members who were working during the time of the visits have been asked to self-isolate and be tested.