20/08 Media statement regarding Countdown stores as locations of interest
To be attributed to Kiri Hannifin, Countdown's General Manager Corporate Affairs, Safety and Sustainability:
As of today, six of our stores have been visited by someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. These stores are:
- Countdown Lincoln Road - visited on Wednesday, 11 August at 2.56pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Glenfield - visited on Saturday, 14 August at 5pm - 5.15pm and Sunday, 15 August 2021.
- Countdown Lynfield - visited on Wednesday, 4 August at 2.45pm - 3.05pm and Sunday, 15 August at 8pm - 8.15pm
- Countdown Takapuna - visited on Sunday, 15 August at 3.20pm - 3.30pm
- Countdown Birkenhead - visited on Friday, 13 August at 6:00pm - 6:30pm and visited twice on Monday, 16 August. The first visit was at 7.00am - 7.15am and the second visit was at 12.30pm - 12.45pm.
- Countdown Botany Downs - visited on Tuesday 17 August between 10.20am and 10.30 am
As a precaution, deep cleans were undertaken in each of these stores, in addition to the thorough cleaning that is undertaken during each day which has been further increased following the recent alert level change.
Any team members who were working during the time of the visits have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days and be tested three times as per the guidance we have received from Auckland Public Health. The exception is Lynfield where our team who worked on 4 August are not required to isolate unless they have or have had symptoms in the past two weeks. If they have symptoms then they are required to be tested. Team who worked on 15 August are home isolating for 14 days.
At the moment our Botany, Birkenhead and Glenfield stores are all currently closed. Due to the number of team members impacted at Birkenhead, this store will not re-open until Tuesday 31 August. We’re doing the best we can to manage not only the demand from customers but also a rapidly-changing situation in terms of locations of interest.
Obviously this is very unsettling for our teams right across New Zealand. We’re continuing to focus on our safety procedures which are designed to keep our team and communities safe, and remind customers to maintain physical distancing, wear masks and to scan in when shopping with us.