Countdown network update – Wed 16 Nov @ 11am
Wednesday, 16 November 2016, 11.00am: All Countdown stores are trading as normal around the country, except:
- Queensgate Mall. This store will re-open when the rest of the mall re-opens. We are told this should be over the next couple of days.
- Wainuiomata Mall. We will make a decision about when this store will re-open on Friday.
All SuperValue and FreshChoice stores are trading as normal, except SuperValue Seddon. Repairs are being made on that store, and a decision on re-opening will be made over the weekend.
Online shopping is fully operational, but we will continue to expect disruption in Wellington, as we catch up with orders.
Our Palmerston North Distribution Centre remains closed for the time being, with orders being diverted to our Auckland distribution centres.
We are able to get stock into all regions of the country. We are doing our best for it to be business as usual for our customers.
Countdown business leaders are in Wellington, Christchurch, Blenheim and Palmerston North again today. We continue to have Vitae support services available in stores, where they are required.
Countdown Amberley in Christchurch is acting as a drop off point for Civil Defence to collect items for Kaikoura residents.
The store was damaged in the earthquakes and we are completing repairs now. We will make a decision about when we can re-open on Friday. At this stage, we expect it to be days and not weeks.
We appreciate this temporary closure makes grocery shopping more difficult for our Wainui customers, so we have put in some special options for them:
- From Thursday 17 November, we will be running free bus services from Countdown Wainuiomata carpark twice daily to Countdown Petone for our local customers.
- The bus will leave from outside the WINZ office in the Wainuiomata Mall main carpark at 10am and 5pm. It will return approximately an hour later from the Petone store to Countdown Wainuiomata.
- We will run this until further notice.
Online delivery for Wainuiomata customers has now been set up as free until Monday 21 November.
When Countdown team are back in the store, we will make sure any food that can be rescued goes to local charities.