Countdown network update – Thur 17 Nov @ 12pm
Thursday, 17 November 2016, 12.00pm: Countdown stores are trading as normal around the country, except:
- Queensgate Mall. This store will re-open when the rest of the mall re-opens. We are told this should be over the next couple of days.
- Wainuiomata Mall. We will have more information when we re-assess our progress towards re-opening on Friday.
All SuperValue and FreshChoice stores are trading. SuperValue Seddon re-opened this morning.
Online shopping is fully operational.
Our Palmerston North Distribution Centre remains closed, with orders being diverted to our Auckland distribution centres.
We are able to get stock into all regions of the country. Under the circumstances, stock levels are good in all affected regions.
Countdown Amberley and Countdown Ashburton are both acting as drop-off points for customers who wish to donate goods for Kaikoura and other affected regions. So far:
- Countdown Amberley is working with the Civil Defence, who are collecting donated goods from the store twice daily for rural areas around Kaikoura. Six trolleys donated so far.
- Countdown Ashburton has collected three trolley loads so far in conjunction with local charity, Trev’s BBQ.
For Wainuiomata customers:
The store was damaged in the earthquakes and we are completing repairs now. We will make a decision about when we can re-open on Friday. At this stage, we expect it to be days and not weeks.
We appreciate this temporary closure makes grocery shopping more difficult for our Wainui customers, so we have put in some special options for them:
- From Thursday 17 November, we will be running a free bus services from Countdown Wainuiomata car park twice daily to Countdown Petone for our local customers.
- The bus will leave from outside the WINZ office in the Wainuiomata Mall main car park at 10am and 5pm. It will return approximately an hour later from Petone to Countdown Wainuiomata.
- We will run this until further notice.
Online delivery for Wainuiomata customers has now been set up as free until Monday
When Countdown team are back in the store, we will make sure any food that can be rescued goes to local charities.