Christmas leftovers sorted
The big day may be over, but the seasonal fun and feasting is still in full swing. So, how do you transform Christmas day leftovers into a feast? And we don’t just mean ham sammies, although they are delicious, especially as a midnight snack.
In addition to ham sammies there are loads of ways to reinvent and make the most of every single slice of Christmas ham.
- Pizza is always a family favourite and an easy way to feed a crowd. Why not prep all the ingredients and then let everyone create their own perfect pizza. The kids will love it.
- Or pack these Ham, Cheese and Pineapple pinwheels into the picnic basket.
- For a quick and easy meal that can be whipped up in minutes, try this Ham and Corn Frittata
After the big event, it is easy for the picked-over turkey to get relegated to the back of the fridge. But spend a little time removing the meat from the carcass and it’s perfect to throw through a salad.
- This Crispy Cauliflower Salad works perfectly with shredded turkey.
- Or how about using leftover turkey to make a quick and easy pasta dish. Try this Summer Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capsicum
As hard as you all tried, you couldn’t squeeze in one more roast potato or piece of cauliflower, and now you’re left with a bowl full of cold roast veg.
- But add this to a hot pan with a generous amount of butter and some fresh salt and pepper and you have a taste of heaven. This is delicious on its own, but for the super lush version add some ham pieces and top with a runny poached egg. Yum!
- You could also try this Roast Vegetable and Pesto Pizza for a no-fuss family meal.