Kete accelerator programme
Countdown is on the lookout for up to five small, innovative and diverse businesses to be a part of our first-ever Kete accelerator programme. We know there are lots of businesses out there that would love to be stocking their products at Countdown but need some extra support and guidance to make an impact on our shelves.
We’re particularly interested in supporting businesses owned by people who often face extra hurdles and challenges in the business world including but not necessarily limited to Māori, Pasifika, youth, women, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities. Diversity improves thinking, innovation and brings new approaches and solutions.
Kete is a 12 month toolbox of support valued up to $250,000 per business, to empower businesses and help them realise their full potential at Countdown. Kete will provide a $20,000 cash grant, marketing support and access to Countdown customer insights, along with giving each business exposure to marketing, finance, product development, supply chain and merchandise expertise.
What are we looking for:
We’re focussed on businesses that:
- Businesses who want to see their products on supermarket shelves
- Businesses manufacturing products in New Zealand
- Diverse businesses e.g. owned by Māori, Pasifika, youth, women, LGBTQI+, people with disabilities
- On-trend products that meet customer needs both now and in the future e.g. convenience options, healthy choices, sustainability focused
- Businesses with a product that’s close to being ready to go to on supermarket shelves. It doesn’t have to be perfect but we want to see a clear vision and plan
- Businesses that are committed to sustainability and community
- Businesses that aren't currently ranged at Countdown
What’s in the Kete programme:
Up to five business will be chosen to be a part of Kete, and will have access to a package of support and resources worth over $250,000 each:
- $20,000 cash grant to upscale your business
- Guaranteed ranging on Countdown shelves for the length of the programme
- Mentorship and support from across the Countdown business
- Access to Countdown customer insights
- Product development and manufacturing support
- Networking and development events and opportunities
- Branding, marketing and public relations support
Applications close 15 August 2021.
Amotai, Aotearoa’s supplier diversity centre of excellence, will be working with Countdown throughout Kete to help make sure the accelerator delivers meaningful results, especially for Māori and Pasifika businesses.