Priority Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: Friday, 27 August, 9:08am
Need more help? Speak to Olive, the Countdown Virtual Assistant
Our hard-working Customer Care team is experiencing a high volume of calls and emails at the moment so please use Olive, our virtual assistant.
For people who are unable to leave their home during a COVID-19 outbreak, online delivery can be one of the only ways they can access essential food and groceries.
Our Priority Assistance service provides dedicated delivery times for those customers who most need access to online delivery services at this incredibly challenging time.
If you have previously applied and were approved, you don’t need to reapply for this service as you will already have priority access to delivery slots for your online shopping.
We’ve based eligibility for Priority Assistance on the government’s guidelines around those who are most at risk:
- People over 70 years of age
- People undergoing treatment for cancer and or with blood conditions that make them more vulnerable to COVID-19.
- People with chronic illnesses including respiratory conditions, heart conditions, high blood pressure, kidney problems and diabetes where these illnesses or conditions prevent you from going to the supermarket.
- People who are in mandatory self-isolation after returning from travel or coming into contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19.
- People with disabilities where these prevent you from shopping in our stores. (We're working with a range of organisations throughout New Zealand such as CCS to make sure people are aware of this service.)
- Pregnant and recently pregnant women (within six weeks since being pregnant).
Please apply online and we will review your request.
To apply for our Priority Assistance service, please use our online application form here.
Please call our Customer Care team on 0800 40 40 40.
Applications must be done online, however if you aren’t able to do this yourself, please ask a family member or friend to help register you for online shopping and complete this form on your behalf.
Any information to support your request for Priority Assistance eligibility is helpful e.g SuperGold card number, Mobility card number, a description of your medical condition and medical certificate from your doctor, or any communications from your DHB or the Ministry of Health regarding your self-isolation after visiting a location of interest. Please make sure you provide all relevant additional information in the “reason” field.
We may check aspects of any application as needed. As part of the application, we require you to confirm that the information provided is correct and that you consent to us validating this information with a third party or Government public sector agency if we need to.
We’ll make contact with customers as soon as we can using the email provided in the registration process. Please do not email or call to find out the status of your application as this will slow down our efforts to serve as many customers as possible.
The request is reviewed by our team and a decision is made based on the criteria that you entered when submitting a request.
Our dedicated team are working through these as quickly as we can. You’ll be notified of your approval as soon as possible.
If you are approved for the Priority Assistance service you will automatically see all available dedicated delivery times within 24 hours of your application being approved.
Yes the standard delivery fees apply
- $14 - for orders up to $199.99
- $9 - for orders over $200.00
- A minimum order value of $50
- A bag charge of $1 per order will be applied at checkout
- Different rates apply for Rural or Provincial orders
- This amount is added on top of your order
At the moment we don’t have a time limit. We will continue to review this as the situation develops and changes.
For health and safety reasons, and to play our part in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all our deliveries are contactless. We will leave your order on your doorstep and text you to let you know it has arrived.
Based on the current government guidelines of those most at risk, and the information you provided us, we have had to prioritise other customers who have higher priority needs at this time.
We would like to assure you that all our stores are open and have thorough cleaning, hygiene and physical distancing measures in place.