Onecard Eat Well for Less New Zealand Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of the promotion outlined below (“Promotion”) is Woolworths New Zealand Ltd, 80 Favona Road, Favona, Auckland 2024 (“Promoter”), which owns and operates Countdown supermarkets.
2. The Promotion commences Monday 27th April 2020 at 12:00 am and closes on 21st June 2020 at 11.59 pm. (“Promotional Period”).
3. This Promotion is open to registered Onecard holders only. Please note that employees of the Promoter cannot be excluded from the Onecard promotions.
Method of Entry - Grand Prize
4. During the Promotional Period customers with a registered Onecard will need to register for the Grand Prize: the Onecard “Eat Well for Less New Zealand Experience” (“Grand Prize”)- on the Countdown website, answer one question and make at least one purchase at Countdown in-store or online of no less than $20.
5. The purchase must be accompanied with the same Onecard as the Onecard used to register for the Grand Prize.
6. Once registered and a purchase has been made, customers will qualify for the Grand Prize. There is no need to register again.
7. The minimum $20 value of a single purchase cannot include: Online shopping fulfilment fees, tobacco products, smoking accessories, Christmas Club vouchers, gift cards or lottery ticket sales.
8. Every additional purchase that is accompanied by a Onecard, that is made within the Promotional Period that meets the criteria specified in point 7 will result in an additional entry into the draw.
9. The entry date for online purchases is the order date (which must be within the Promotional Period). For the avoidance of doubt, customers will not be eligible to participate in this Promotion if they do not swipe or supply their registered Onecard details at the time of purchase.
10. Entries will not be accepted on a retrospective basis after the time of purchase.
11. The Onecard “Eat Well for Less New Zealand Experience” Grand Prize - Is a day with Michael and Ganesh who host the TV show, along with the ‘Eat Well For Less New Zealand’ expert team, who will provide the winner with a shopping makeover. The prize includes one day with the team where the winner will be accompanied by the hosts in their local Countdown store and be offered grocery shopping advice. Then the hosts will cook the winner two original family favourite recipes. They will provide advice, based on the day’s shopping activities on how best to save and eat well. $1000 in Countdown gift cards will cover the costs of the day's shop, and any unused balance on the giftcards is given to the winner.
Method of Entry - Weekly Poll Prize
12. Completing the Eat Well for Less New Zealand Weekly Poll puts you into that week's draw; a customer can enter once per week, each week for the duration of the Promotion (“Weekly Poll”).
13. Onecard Eat Well for Less New Zealand Weekly Poll prizes are 20 x $150 Prizes worth of Onecard e-vouchers (“Weekly Poll Prizes”) that will be applied to each Weekly Poll Prize winner’s Onecard account. Twenty Weekly Poll Prizes will be awarded to winning customers each week for the eight week period of the Promotion.
14. Entering the Eat Well for Less New Zealand Weekly Poll requires a registered Onecard, but the customer does not have to have made a purchase that week at Countdown either in-store or online to enter.
15. The first Weekly Poll Prize draw takes place on Monday 4th May 2020 and then every week until the conclusion of the Promotional Period.
16. The Promoter will publish the first name, last initial and Countdown Store of the Weekly Poll Prize winner on the Countdown website.
17. Weekly Poll Prize winners will have the $150 worth of Onecard e-vouchers applied to their Onecard account that same week that they are announced.
Prize conditions - General
18. No prizes are transferable for cash.
19. It is up to the customer to ensure that their Onecard details on the Onecard database are correct. Customers must provide at least one contact number and active email address. Details can be updated via the website on www.countdown.co.nz/onecard or by phoning the Countdown Customer Care team on 0800 40 40 40.
20. The Grand Prize winner of the Eat Well for Less New Zealand Experience will be contacted directly at the close of the Promotion by the Countdown team.
21. Due to restrictions on movements for New Zealanders in 2020 due to COVID-19, Countdown reserves the right to schedule the Grand Prize experience to comply with government regulations, Countdown’s own health and safety guidelines; and at a time suitable for the winner.
22. Should no time be available before 31 October 2020, Countdown reserves the right to arrange a remote consultation between the winner of the Grand Prize and the Eat Well for Less New Zealand team, as specified in the Grand Prize Description and award a nominal value to the winner as compensation.
23. The winner of the Grand Prize will have their details published on the Countdown website (www.countdown.co.nz) for one month following the draw date. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to his or her name and/or photograph being used for such publicity purposes as reasonably determined by the Promoter. The winner agrees to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose, without compensation.
24. If a winner (of the Grand Prize or a Weekly Poll Prize) is under the age of 18, the Prize may, at the discretion of the Promoter be awarded to the winner’s legal parent or guardian.
Fraudulent or dishonest entries
25. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where:
i. false or misleading details have been given by the customer, or
ii. the customer has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or
iii. the customer has acted otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry. The Promoter’s decision is final.
Exclusions and Liability
26. The Promoter will not be responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems.
27. The Promoter and its related companies, employees and agencies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with entering this promotion or claiming/winning any prize, or availing themselves of any prize, except as required by law.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the transmission or receipt of any incorrect information associated with entries, either caused by user error or any equipment or programming malfunction associated with the promotion.
Use of Personal Information
30. By entering this Promotion, customers consent to the use of their information as described above.
General Terms and Conditions
31. By entering into this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have complied with all of your obligations under the Onecard Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to deem that your entry is void should you fail to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
32. If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, Government restrictions due to pandemic or other unforeseen circumstance, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, acts or omissions of third parties, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
33. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.