Refund, exchange or replacement covers any product quality or incorrect pricing issue for all goods sold in-store and online.
The customer has a choice of a refund, exchange or replacement as long as the store usually stocks the item being refunded or replaced.
A customer complaint form will be filled out when a product is returned due to a fault or quality issue.
Refund and Replace Policy
A Refund as well as a Replacement item will be given for:
- Product quality issues relating to Signature Range, Select, Homebrand, Free From and Macro.
- Product quality issues relating to Fresh Food Departments (Produce, Deli, Meat, Seafood or Bakery).
For any other product quality issues, a refund OR a replacement will be given.
If a product is charged at a higher price than stated on the current shelf ticket/label and the transaction has been completed the following will apply:
- Single Product: A refund for the product plus the product is free of charge. (Customer keeps product).
- Multiple of the Same Product: Refund for the first product plus the first product is free of charge. A refund will also be given for the difference between the current shelf price and the charged price for the balance of the products.
If a checkout operator error has occurred during the transaction, only the difference between the correct price and incorrect price will be refunded. Examples of errors are:
- Incorrect product identified by operator
- Multiple scanning
- Processing a different product to the one being purchased e.g. sauce mix instead of gravy mix
- Keying the wrong price or multiple price e.g. 30 instead of 3
- Reduced To Clear label not over the entire products barcode
With any alcohol purchase, the customer can have a refund, or an exchange. An exchange may only take place within the licensed hours of the store (as it's a supply of alcohol). Refunds can take place during any opening hours, if the opening hours are longer than the licensed hours.