Refund, exchange or replacement covers any product quality or incorrect pricing issue for all goods sold in-store and online.
The customer has a choice of a refund, exchange or replacement as long as the store usually stocks the item being refunded or replaced.
A customer complaint form will be filled out when a product is returned due to a fault or quality issue.
Refund and Replace Policy
Fresh or Free: we’re so sure of the quality of our fruit, vegetables, meat, deli, bakery and seafood that, in the unlikely event the customer is unhappy with anything he or she buys from us, we’ll both refund the money and replace the purchase.
The customer needs to return the product and the receipt to the nearest Countdown store or contact our Customer Care team for a refund and a replacement.
Alternatively, if a refund is requested through Olive (our virtual assistant), the customer will receive a double refund instead of a refund and replacement.
For any other product quality issues, a refund OR a replacement will be given.
The customer must contact us within 48 hours of delivery, pick up or in-store purchase, in order to make a claim under this policy. We may request photographic evidence of quality issues. The value of any refund will be based on the price of the product on the date it was ordered.
If any product is charged at a higher price than stated on the current shelf ticket/label and the transaction has been completed the following will apply:
- Single product: Countdown will refund the price paid and the customer may keep the product free of charge.
- Multiple of the same product: Countdown will refund the first product and the customer may keep this first product free of charge. A refund will also be given for the difference between the current shelf price and the charged price for the balance of the products.
If a checkout operator error has occurred during the transaction, only the difference between the correct price and incorrect price will be refunded. Examples of errors are:
- Incorrect product identified by operator,
- Multiple scanning,
- Processing a different product to the one being purchased e.g. sauce mix instead of gravy mix,
- Keying the wrong price or multiple price e.g. 30 instead of 3,
- Reduced to clear label did not scan
A customer can have a refund or an exchange for any alcohol product. An exchange may only take place within the licensed hours of the store (as it's a supply of alcohol). Refunds can take place during any opening hours, if the opening hours are longer than the licensed hours.
The customer must be over 18 years old in order to receive a refund on an age restricted product. An ID check should be carried out if the customer appears to be under 25 years old.