Countdown Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Date of issue:
Progressive Enterprises Limited 80 Favona Road Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- In the terms and conditions:
"Activate" means the initial loading of value onto a Countdown gift card.
"Card Balance" means the unspent value of a Countdown gift card.
"Card Number" means the 19-digit number that appears on the back of a Countdown gift card.
"Countdown gift card" means a gift card issued by a Countdown store.
"Countdown store" means any Countdown supermarket and the Countdown online store website (http://shop.countdown.co.nz/).
"PIN" means the 4-digit number on the back of a Countdown gift card which is required to make a transaction or transaction enquiry.
"redeem" means to reduce the value loaded on your Countdown gift card by using the Countdown gift card to purchase goods or services at a Countdown store.
"website" means www.countdown.co.nz/giftcard.
- A reference to "we", "us" or "our" is a reference to Progressive Enterprises Limited or, where applicable, another entity within the Progressive Enterprises group.
- A reference to "you" or "your” is a reference to the person who is taken to agree to these terms and conditions under paragraph 2.
- In the terms and conditions:
- Agreeing to these terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to each Countdown gift card.
- You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions by purchasing, activating, using, or attempting to use a Countdown gift card or by making a transaction enquiry or exercising any right to redeem value loaded on a Countdown gift card.
- By purchasing, activating, using or attempting to use a Countdown gift card, or by making a transaction enquiry or exercising any right to redeem value loaded on a Countdown gift card, you warrant to us that you will comply with these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and that the Countdown gift card will not be used in any manner that is contrary to these terms and conditions or that is unlawful, misleading, deceptive, unfair or otherwise harmful to consumers.
- If you are giving a Countdown gift card to another person, you should ensure that he or she is aware of these terms and conditions that apply to the Countdown gift card.
- Purchasing a Countdown gift card
- Countdown gift cards can be purchased online from the website or from any Countdown store. For more information visit the website.
- A minimum of $20 and a maximum of $100 can be loaded on each Countdown gift card purchased at a Countdown store. A minimum of $10 and a maximum of $500 can be loaded on each Countdown gift card when a bulk order is placed with Progressive Enterprises Limited support office. At our absolute discretion, we may change the minimum and maximum amounts that can be loaded on Countdown gift cards. If we decide to do this, we will publish details on the website.
- Value loaded onto a Countdown gift card at point of sale or otherwise is a qualifying amount for the purposes of earning Onecard points offered through the Onecard program. See www.countdown.co.nz for full details of the Onecard program.
- There may be a delay between when you pay for a Countdown gift card and when the Countdown gift card is Activated by our point of sale system. During the period of delay, the Countdown gift card cannot be used to make purchases or transaction enquiries.
- Redeeming your Countdown gift card
- Your Countdown gift card can be redeemed for goods and services from Countdown stores up to the value loaded onto your Countdown gift card. Value redeemed is deducted from the card balance.
- You can use your Countdown gift card for online purchases at New Zealand Wine Society (http://www.nzwinesociety.co.nz/) provided you are over the age of 18 years.
- Countdown gift cards cannot be used at stand alone Lotto counters or terminals.
- Countdown gift cards cannot be refunded, redeemed for cash or used to obtain cash. Resale of Countdown gift cards is strictly prohibited, except with our prior written consent. If approved, gift cards cannot be resold for more than the unspent value of the Countdown gift card. Countdown gift cards that are resold in breach of this paragraph 4.4 will be invalid with the result that purchasers of those cards will not be able to use or redeem unspent value on their Countdown gift cards.
- Your use of the Countdown gift card at a Countdown store is subject at all times to the policies (and, where applicable, other terms and conditions) of that Countdown store regarding the goods and services made available by it and to compliance with law.
- Where the price of the goods or services being purchased with the Countdown gift card exceeds the card balance, you must pay the amount exceeding the card balance by an alternative payment method at the discretion of the relevant Countdown store.
- From 1 December 2016, Countdown gift cards will not have an expiry date and may be redeemed at any time. The expiry of unspent values within 12 months from the date of purchase will no longer apply to Countdown gift cards issued on or after 1 December 2015. Countdown gift cards issued prior to 1 December 2015, remain expired and may not be redeemed.
- Once your Countdown gift card has reached a nil balance it cannot be re-activated.
- The redemption of Countdown gift cards is restricted to the purchase of standard retail quantities of goods.
- No recharging of the Countdown gift card
- After a Countdown gift card has been activated, you cannot subsequently add value to it.
- Transaction enquiries
- You can check your Countdown gift card's transaction history and card balance by:(a) visiting the website, or (b) calling 0800 40 40 40.
- To make a balance enquiry as set out above, you must enter your card number and PIN.
- Lost or stolen Countdown gift cards
- You must treat your Countdown gift card like cash. If your Countdown gift card is damaged, please contact the store of purchase or the person or organisation that gave you the Countdown gift card. However, we have no obligation to replace or refund value for lost, stolen or damaged Countdown gift cards.
- We reserve the right to place a stop on your Countdown gift card if:
a) you report that your Countdown gift card has been lost, stolen or damaged; or
b) we believe (or reasonably suspect) that you have used (or will use) your Countdown gift card contrary to these terms and conditions or any applicable laws.
- You are responsible for the use and safety of your Countdown gift card, and are liable for all transactions made on your Countdown gift card.
- Subject at all times to the exceptions in paragraph 8.3, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or special) either in negligence, other tort, breach of contract, breach of warranty or for any other reason or cause whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with a Countdown gift card, these terms and conditions or your use of the website, including any loss or corruption of data, interference with or damage to your computer or any interruption, delay or failure in the website.
- The exclusion of our liability in paragraph 8.2 only applies to the extent permitted by law. Where consumer protection legislation implies any condition or warranty that cannot be excluded in these terms and conditions, we limit our liability for breach of any such implied conditions or warranties to re-supply of the services (or costs thereof). Any liability we have to you will be reduced by the extent (if any) to which you caused or contributed to the loss or damage. This paragraph 8 will apply even after this agreement has ended.
- Relationship with Progressive Enterprises Limited.
- Countdown gift cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but must not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities (including without limitation in websites, internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts) unless you obtain our prior written approval. Countdown gift cards that are used in marketing, advertising or other promotional activities in breach of this paragraph 9.1 will be invalid with the result that recipients of those cards will not be able to use or redeem unspent value on their Countdown gift cards.
- Use of our name or brands, or any names, logos or get-up of Countdown gift cards (other than in connection with the purchase or use of Countdown gift cards), is strictly prohibited.
- You must not use a Countdown gift card in any manner that states or implies that any person, website, business or product or service is endorsed or sponsored by or otherwise affiliated with us or any of our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- Errors and complaints
- If you have questions or if you wish to make a complaint about your Countdown gift card, please visit or contact the relevant Countdown store or email us using the contact us section of the website or by calling 0800 40 40 40.