The Meat & Seafood Supply Chain teams are primarily responsible for the sourcing of livestock and the procurement of whole fish for further processing through our centralised manufacturing facilities based in Auckland and delivering directly to stores 7 days a week.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that the goods procured are appropriate and that they are processed at the best possible cost to meet the needs of Countdowns customers in terms of quality and quantity. We therefore are able to offer our team members excellent career development opportunities to either advance their career within a specific operational discipline or laterally across different functions.
We can offer career opportunities across a wide range of disciplines from:
- Meat & Seafood Processing Roles i.e. Butchers, Boners, Packers, Machine Operators, Forklift Drivers etc.
- Livestock Procurement
- Traditional Procurement
- Demand Planning & Scheduling
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Operations and Production Management.
- Supervisory and Team Leader Logistics Management
- New Product Development Finance
So whether you are a highly skilled and experienced person or you have just left school we believe we have an opportunity and the ability to train you to achieve your career objectives.
I saw the opportunity to become an apprentice so I took that with both hands