Add a fresh bunch of colour to your home and office,
or brighten someone’s day with a beautiful bouquet
or floral arrangement from Countdown.
To help you create your own stunning arrangement
florists are available in selected stores.
To keep your flowers looking fresher for longer click
here for our smart tips.
Countdown Grey Lynn
Countdown The Palms
Countdown St James
Countdown St Lukes
- Trimming is a vital step in maintaining your flowers. Use a sharp knife or scissors to cut at least 1cm off all stems at an angle.
- For best results cut the stems under water to allow the flowers to absorb more water.
- Place flowers into fresh clean tepid water and in clean containers or vase.
- Tepid water absorbs faster than cold water allowing water and nutrients to travel up to the bloom as quickly as possible.
- Remove all leaves from the stem where it is likely to be immersed in water.
- Add a few drops of household bleach and a teaspoon of sugar to the water to help keep flowers fresh for longer.
- Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, draughts and ripening fruit.
- Re-cut the bottom stems every few days to allow better water absorption and fill your vase or container with freshwater everyday.