Terms and conditions
This website ("Site") is made up of a number of pages. The pages about Countdown and its brands, products and services (including Onecard), and the informational and initial application pages for Onecard Visa, are hosted by or on behalf of Progressive Enterprises Limited and are subject to the terms and conditions set out below and any other specific terms and policies applicable to those matters. To the extent of any inconsistency, the specific terms and policies shall prevail.
The final stages of the Onecard Visa application. and the "Onecard Visa Online Service Centre" are maintained and hosted by or on behalf GE Finance and Insurance ("GE ") and are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that website. GE is the issuer and credit provider for Onecard Visa. A ‘pop-up’ notification will inform you when you are routed to the GE website to complete the Onecard Visa application. You can find the terms and conditions applicable to GE’s website here.
- While we have endeavoured to ensure that the information we have provided on the Site is free from error, it is provided "as is" and "as available" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Progressive does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information on the Site or that the Site is error free or suitable for your intended use. Progressive does not warrant that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components and we shall not be responsible or liable for any error in, or omission from, the information we have provided on the Site except as required by law.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the information provided on the Site at any time and without notice.
- If you wish to shop online at Countdown, separate terms and conditions apply. Those terms and conditions may be viewed at Countdown Online.
- If you wish to become a member of our Onecard programme or use a Onecard, conditions apply in addition to these Terms. Those additional terms and conditions may be viewed here.
- If you choose to apply for and/or use a Onecard Visa, separate terms and conditions will apply between you and GE. Those terms and conditions may be viewed at GE’s website here.
Use of the site
- You agree not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may download the information on the site for your own personal use but otherwise neither the site, nor any material on it, may be altered, modified, reproduced, transmitted or distributed without our prior written consent. Your use of the Site will not create nor will you represent to have any interests or rights in our intellectual property. You agree that you will not interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, or damage the operation of the Site, or our systems or those of other persons who use the Site, whether by way of a virus, corrupted file, any other software or program, or otherwise. We reserve the right to suspend your use of the Site where we consider that you may have breached these Terms or the law.
Links to and from other websites
- Any links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement or verification by us. We do not monitor the content of any other websites and are not liable or responsible in relation to any content on them. For the purposes of this section a "third party website" is any website (including the Onecard Visa application pages and "Onecard Visa Online Service Centre" function hosted by or on behalf of GE) other than Countdown Online.
- You agree that you will not create a hyperlink to this Site without our express written permission. If you do create a hyperlink to this Site, you are responsible for all losses that we may suffer as a result of that link, whether direct or indirect. Linking to this Site is at your own risk. You may not frame any part of the Site content by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
Website analysis tools
- Progressive Enterprises Ltd uses Nielsen//NetRatings and Google Analytics counting systems to collect information such as the number of visitors per day or the number of pages requested per day. In order for this to occur a small piece of code is placed on each page which counts these statistics. This non-personal information gained is aggregated by Nielsen//NetRatings and Google Analytics and enables us to measure activity within our websites which in turn is used to continually improve our site and our service to our customers. Progressive does not warrant the accuracy or correctness of this data.
- Nielsen//NetRatings is viewed as a leader in the Internet industry for its interactive measurement technologies and market research and its technologies are view as being robust and standard. For further information about Nielsen//NetRatings click here.
- Google Analytics is viewed as a leader in the Internet industry for its interactive measurement technologies and market research and its technologies are view as being robust and standard. For further information about Google Analytics click here.
Intellectual property rights
- All right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in all concepts, systems, written, graphic and other material relating to the Site and its contents is owned by, and shall at all times remain the exclusive property of, us, our licensors and the providers of any other products and services accessible on the Site, and is protected by New Zealand and international law. Nothing in these Terms shall constitute a licence of intellectual property rights to you.
Exclusion of liability and indemnity
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever arising from or in relation to your use of, or inability to use, the Site. All representations, terms, warranties, guarantees or conditions whether implied by statute, common law or custom of the trade or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Such exclusions apply to Progressive, its related companies, and directors, officers, employees or agents of Progressive Enterprises Limited or its related companies, as the context requires. You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, losses, (including consequential and indirect losses) claims and expenses suffered or incurred by us, and all claims and demands made against us, arising directly or indirectly out of your use of the Site, or any breach of these Terms.
- Failure on the part of Progressive to enforce any of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver or as a waiver of Progressive's right to enforce these Terms at a later date.
- New Zealand law governs the use of the Site and these Terms.